Join me for one of my two tinsel rose workshops!
We'll be making tinsel roses in polymer clay. This is a live class over Zoom. It will be recorded and available to view for all paying attendees for 90 days. Purchase the class on Etsy using the links below. You will be sent Zoom login instructions and a supply list (also below).
Here is a materials list.
- Work surface
- Your favorite clay in the colors of your choice for the petals. You will need at least 6 oz of clay for the petal cane. For this project I like to use translucent clay, Premo metallic clays or pearl clays. For the leaves you will black and two shades of green.
- Leaf: many of us already have an assortment of metallic leaf.
If you need to order some, I recommend this from Amazon.
- Armature wire, either 18-gauge floral wire or 9-gauge armature wire
- Wire cutters
- Floral tape
- Tissue blade
- Pasta machine
- Optional: bakeable beads such as glass or a gemstone and wire thin enough for the beads.
- Heat gun. I use a Recollections embossing gun from Hobby Lobby.